Thursday, November 6, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Red Covers

This weeks Top 5 Wednesday topic is red covers.  I don't actually own too many, so I am limited in my selection.

Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey, and if you want to join in on the fun, check out the Goodreads group!

Let's get into it.

Number 5

Waiting by Ha Jin

I really like the simplicity of this cover with just the red background and the bottom of a long, black braid.  Even though it's simple, it already speaks to it being about China during the Cultural Revolution, when a single black braid was the hairstyle for women.  

Number 4

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi

I just like the feeling of this cover.  I've always enjoyed the illustration style of this graphic novel, and I like seeing little Marjane on the cover.

Number 3

Dracula by Bram Stoker

This book is not the best for reflecting the story, but I just think it's so pretty.  It almost looks like velvet to me, so that is why it's on this list.

Number 2

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

I think that this cover is so cool looking, but it also has a lot from the book on it.  You've got Victor looking out over the city from his balcony, his hand still bloody from crushing a glass.  And he's staring out, knowing that Eli is out there somewhere.  

This cover makes me wish the book were a graphic novel.

Number 1


The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo

This is easily one of the most beautiful books in my library.  I know that there are quite a few other colours on it, but the spine and back are entirely red, so I'm counting it.  

I haven't read this book yet, so I can't say how the cover reflects the book.  It's just so gorgeous that it gets the top spot on my list.

So, those are my top 5 red covers.  What books am I missing?  Share your favorite red covers with me in the comments below!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment