Thursday, December 11, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Rereads

I am actually not much of a rereader.  There are very few books that I like enough to want to experience again or that I feel have more to teach me.

That being said, this list is comprised of a few of the books that I find myself returning to over and over again.  I've also snuck in a few honorable mentions.

Let's get started.

Number Five




I really love this book, and I have since I was a young teen.  The tone of it, the writing, and the tortured character of Louis have brought me back to this book at least three times since the first time I read it.  I enjoy it every time.

Number Four

I don't reread this very often just because I like to take my time with it.  With the language, each of the characters, and in the world that Austen created.  But it's one of my favorite books of all time, just as it is to many others.  Every few years I reread it and fall in love with Darcy all over again and hope that I am a little like Lizzie.

Number Three

The first time I read Peter Pan, I felt like I had found something that I had forgotten.  I first read it as an adult, and it awakened the sleeping child in me.  There is a real magic found within these pages, and that is the ability to connect adults with the children they used to be.  Whenever I feel myself getting too old, I reread this book.

Number Two

This book is in the same vein as Peter Pan, and I like to read it to remind myself not to take the "serious" things in life too seriously.  Again, I first read this children's story as a young adult, and I was so enchanted.  I was at a point in my life where I was just overwhelmed by the transition into adulthood and responsibility, and I was just about losing my grasp on things.  But when I picked up The Little Prince, it helped to put everything into perspective.

Number One

How could this not be on my list?  This series defines more than half of my life.  The first book came out when I was in the 4th grade, and the last one was released my freshman year of college.  I grew up and changed and learned so much alongside these characters, just as many others did.  It was truly something special being a part of the Harry Potter generation, and it is still something that ties a lot of people around the world together.  I will reread these books until I die.

Honorable Mentions

I have said many times before in my blog posts that Siddhartha is a book I read when I'm in transition.  I've read it many many times.  The only reason that this isn't making my top five is because the last time I read it, I realized that I may have outgrown it.  So, I don't see myself rereading it in the future.


I have praised this book non-stop ever since I read it earlier this year.  I definitely want to reread it in 2015 because it is my favorite book of the year and of all time.

So those are my top five rereads!  Did Harry Potter make your list?  Which books do you find yourself going back to?  Tell me in the comments below.

And if you want to join in on Top 5 Wednesdays, just check out the Goodreads Group.

Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment