Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bout of Books 13: Midway Update

It's Thursday afternoon here, and I'm halfway through with Bout of Books!

I feel like that went really fast, and I hope to make the most of the rest of my time.  So far, I'm pleased with how this week has gone.  I have gotten a fair bit of reading in, as well as participated in a few challenges.

Let's look at my progess thus far, shall we?


Monday


I started reading as soon as midnight hit on Monday.  However, since I was already a bit tired, I listened to the audiobook of To Kill a Mockingbird, which I had already started.

Later that day, I picked up a collection of three novellas by Yoko Ogawa called The Diving Pool.

In total, I read about four hours that day.  

I also participated in the Bookish Survey challenge, and you can see that post here.

Tuesday


On Tuesday I was able to complete The Diving Pool, making it my first Bout of Books read.  Afterwards, I continued on with To Kill a Mockingbird.  I read for a little over four hours total.

Wednesday


Wednesday saw me finally finishing the audiobook of To Kill a Mockingbird.  It was my first time rereading it in over ten years, and I absolutely loved it.  I gained so much more out of it than I did when I was in high school.  And having Sissy Spacek as the narrator was so wonderful.  

After that, I picked up a book I had started before the read-a-thon began, Samuel Park's This Burns My Heart.  This book had me completely enraptured, and I ended up finishing it, as well.  So, I was able to complete two more books on Wednesday.

I also participated in the Book Haiku challenge, but instead of doing it on my blog, I did it on my Twitter.  I didn't want to commit a whole post to something so small, but here is my original tweet. 

Thursday


So far today, I haven't been able to read anything.  Typhoon Dolphin is headed straight for Guam, so I've been running errands, filling up cars, and just generally preparing for the storm.  I have quite a few batteries stocked for my book light, however, so I look forward to getting some good reading time in during the typhoon.



How is your Bout of Books going so far?  Remember, if you've read and had fun, this has been a successful week for you.  

If you're interested in seeing what my original goals for this week were, you can check that post out here.


Chat me up on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!





1 comment:

  1. I hope that the typhoon doesn't amount to anything! But at last you'll have some reading time. Sounds like you're having a great BoB!

    ReplyDelete