Monday, July 28, 2014

Bout of Books 11

I am so excited to participate in Bout of Books 11 next month!

I just started doing read-a-thons this year.  Bout of Books 10 was only the second I'd done, and I absolutely loved it.  All of the challenges, interacting with people all over the world, the cheerleaders - I loved it all.  There are people I met during that week that I still talk to now.
Bout of Books

Not only is it great to be able to read with a bunch of people, but this event is organized so well.  The organizers are always available on Twitter to answer any questions. And every day there is at least one challenge, each one held by a different person, so they are really varied.

Bout of Books also makes it a point to be inclusive.  They aren't genre-specific, and they are international, so no one has to worry that they won't be able to participate in the challenges.  Being from Guam, that makes me so happy!

If you want to know more, here is the official blurb from their blog:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I strongly encourage you to sign up.  There is no pressure as no one is keeping track of how much you read. It's not a competition by any means.  It's just a week you can set aside to focus on making progress through your TBR.

And you do it with some awesome people.


2 comments:

  1. I'm also doing the Bout of Books readathon. I can't wait! You can visit my blog for reading updates throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out! I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog, too, so I hope you will take part!

      Delete