Saturday, July 5, 2014

My #AYearAThon Classics TBR

I am a member of the Goodreads' group #AYearAThon, which is a group for people who love doing read-a-thons.  There are four hosts who organize one, week-long, themed read-a-thon every month.  Themes this year have included Harry Potter, Rereads, and Rick Riordan.

July's theme is classics, which I am excited for because I love classics.  Moreover, I am a part of a book club that only reads classics, so this will help me finish that group's July pick.

Without further adieu, here is my #AYearAThon classics TBR!



My first book is one that I just picked up last month, Old New York, by Edith Wharton.  This is a collection of four novellas about New York in the mid-1800s.  I adored Age of Innocence by Wharton, and I am moderately obsessed with New York, so I am greatly looking forward to this read.  Plus, I tend to gain more momentum and motivation when I start a read-a-thon with a warm-up book, so this is perfect for that.

Secondly, I plan to read The God of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy.  This is my classics book club read.  Truthfully, I started reading this years ago, but it wasn't what I was craving at the time, so it's been sitting on my shelf ever since.  I am usually really interested in books that take place in Asia and include aspects of Asian culture, so I am glad that I am being somewhat forced into attempting this one again.

Finally, I will be reading J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  I am slowly rereading the series this year, and I've actually already started this one.  But as it is a classic, and it is a good choice for breaking up Roy's book if it becomes too taxing, I am including it in my pile.  I will try my utmost to not just read this one and ignore the other two the whole week long.

Those are the books I plan on reading next week.  Will I get through them all?  Eh.  But we all have to have goals, right?

If you want to join in with us, check out the Goodreads' group.  Are there any classics that you recommend I read?  Leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment