Thursday, January 8, 2015

Bout of Books 12: Challenge - Character Coupling

Oh, I really like today's challenge, hosted by Writing My Own  Fairytale.  It's the Character Coupling challenge.  Or, as I'd like to think of it, the Make Your Own OTP (or BroTP) challenge.

You have to choose two characters from different books, put them into any type of relationship, and explain why you did it.  The characters have to come from different books and series, but the same author is fine.

 Because I am in the middle of The Mortal Instruments Series, by Cassandra Clare, I wanted to choose a character from it.  Even though Jace is my favorite character, I think that Alec is turning into someone interesting, so...I choose YOU, Alec Lightwood!

When I think of him, I think of how he has always stood in Jace's shadow even though he's the more mature, thoughtful one.  And that immediately makes me think of Ron Weasley from The Harry Potter Series.  Ron is a lot different than Alec in that he's not as mature or solid, but he's still a very loyal best friend who is often looked over.

I would put them in a friendship because I think that they would really be able to connect.  Whenever Ron gets flashes of envy, Alec could settle him down.  They could lament over how brash their friends are or share stories of how stupid Jace and Harry were to think they could do anything without them.  I think that Alec would ground Ron while Ron would loosen him up a little, as well.

What do you think?  Would they get along?  Let me know in the comments below.  Share your character coupling, too!  I'd love to see who you put together.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment