Monday, June 15, 2015

The Coffee Book Tag

Whilst perusing emdoesbookreviews, I found a tag I really like. And since she tagged everyone who reads her post, I decided to participate, as well.

This is the Coffee Book Tag!

Black: a series that is hard to get into but has hardcore fans



The Dark Tower series can be really intimidating, and the first book starts out slow, so it can also be off-putting. However, those who read it most often love it. King himself hails it as his magnum opus. 

Peppermint Mocha: a book which gets more popular over the holiday season



This is an obvious one, right? This is a classic Christmas story, and, along with its many film adaptations, is one of the most popular during the festive season. 

Hot Chocolate: your favorite children's book



As a child, I enjoyed many books. However, it's the few that I love just as much or even more as an adult that have made the cut. I reread these often and can't wait to share them with my children. 

Double Espresso Shot: a book that kept me on the edge of my seat



The whole time I was reading this Cormac McCarthy novel, I was waiting for the father and son to be eaten. This is definitely a suspenseful read. 

Starbucks: a book you see everywhere



I've never seen it in a bookstore (but I also don't go to the YA section), but I always see bloggers talking about it. Maybe I'll read it one day. 

Hipster Coffee Shop: give a book by an indie author a shout out



I couldn't think of an independent author, so I went for a little known book. I could talk about Absent all day. See my review here

Decaf: a book you expected more from



This is a Man Booker prize winner! Yet, I just couldn't get into it and was incredibly bored. 

The Perfect Blend: a book that was bitter but ultimately satisfying



This is one of my favorite graphic novels. It's heart-wrenching and cruel, but such a good story. You can see my review here

Green Tea: a book which is quietly beautiful



The writing in this novel is gorgeous. I loved the story, but I didn't like the ending. 

Chai Tea: a book that makes you dream of far-off places



This entire series revolves around traveling from world to world. Though I can't dimension hop, it still incites wanderlust.

Earl Grey: your favorite classic



I have many favorite classics, but these two immediately came to mind. I absolutely love them. Wuthering Heights is so passionate, and I love the social commentary of The Age of Innocence.

Those are my answers for the Coffee Book Tag. I tag Sarah from Sarah's Bookish Blog and anyone else who wants to do it. 

Check out my last post on my favorite bookish feelings

Also, find me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I love your answers! I bought the first book in Stephen King's Dark Tower series ages ago and I've still not got around to it yet but I really need to! I'll give you a tweet when I've done the tag :) Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete