Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books With Multiple POVs

To learn more about Top 5 Wednesday, check out the Goodreads group.
This week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is top 5 books with multiple points of view, preferably more than two.

Since many of my favorite books meet this criteria, I have tried to list some that I haven't previously mentioned.


Number Five


Guernica by Dave Boling

This gorgeous novel takes place during the Spanish Civil War and follows the lives of many people affected by it, including Picasso.  I had never read anything about Guernica before, and this book taught me a lot about the history of it, as well as telling a touching story.

Number Four


The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

This classic follows eight separate characters and has eight points of view. As a teen I didn't appreciate this story, but now I really like this story about four immigrant moms and their American-raised daughters. 

Number Three 


The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

I really liked Rowling's first adult novel, and a great deal of that enjoyment had to do with the amazing characters she developed. If you like character-driven novels, this one is amazing. 

Number Two


Absent Sherri Vanderveen 

This was my favorite book of 2014, and I wrote a raving review of it. It follows a father who has abandoned his family, as well as his wife and two children. Each perspective offers a different view of how his actions have changed each person's life irrevocably. 

Number One


A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin 

There's not much that needs to be said about A Song of Ice and Fire, right? Martin does such an excellent job of developing each character, and while I like some perspectives better than others, each point of view enhances the story.  

Those are my top 5 picks for books with multiple points of view. What are some of your favorites? 

 Also, check out my latest book review on A Voice in the Wind, which also has several perspectives. 

 Find me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!