Thursday, September 4, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Fictional Schools I'd Want to Attend

I'm back to doing Top 5 Wednesdays!  I missed a few because either they were topics I couldn't complete, or I was traveling.

This week, though, I am home, and I can definitely tell you what my favorite fictional schools are.

If you are interested in participating in Top 5 Wednesday, just check out the Goodreads group.  It is open to anyone!

With that, let's get started.

Fifth Place...


 


Cross Academy from Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino

If you haven't read this manga, Cross Academy is an ordinary boarding school by day, but its night class is for vampires who desire to coexist with humans.  

I want a vampire best friend!

Fourth Place...


Xavier Institute from Marvel's X-Men

If I happened to be born a mutant, there would be no other place for me.  Not only did Professor X create a safe place for those whose differences are misunderstood, but he also teaches kids how to use  their gifts, as well as see them as gifts.

Of course, I'd still have to learn all the subjects I dislike (math), and there would be no guarantee I'd be accepted as an X-Men, but just being in such an accepting environment would be worth it.

Third Place...


Battle school from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

You have no idea how upset I was that there were so few battle scenes in this movie.  Whenever I read the book, these are some of my favorite parts.  Not only because they reveal how Ender thinks and plans, but also because they look so awesome in my mind.  

Who doesn't want to play ultimate laser tag for PE?

Second Place...


Jedi Academy from the Star Wars Universe

Using the force?  Getting a light saber?  Having Master Yoda as an instructor?  Becoming a Jedi Knight?  Of course the Jedi Academy is second on this list!  

First Place...


Hogwarts from The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

I realize that this comes as no surprise to anyone, and I'm sure that this is in first place on pretty much every list.  But that doesn't change the fact that Hogwarts is my dream school.  Not only are the subjects infinitely more interesting than algebra and biology, but the school itself is an adventure.  There are so many secret corridors to explore and secrets to be revealed.  Not to mention Quidditch, trips to Hogsmeade, and visiting Hagrid.  

No competition here.  Hogwarts all the way.


What schools do you wish you could attend?  Does Hogwarts not impress you that much?  Tell me in the comments below!

Happy reading!



2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to admit that I only know of Hogwarts from this list! Ender's Game is definitely on my TBR, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogwarts is definitely first class. Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete