Monday, March 2, 2015

February Haul & Wrap-Up

This month I'm combining my haul and wrap-up posts into one because I neither bought nor read many books.

I succeeded in cutting back on my purchasing, only adding five books to my shelves.  And instead of reading several short, light works, I finished two longer, complicated novels and one very heavy non-fiction work.


Let's get into the books I read first.


The first book I finished was Christ Indwelling and Enthroned, by J. Oswald Sanders.  I have read works by Sanders before, but this is different in that it is a collection of fourteen sermons he gave.  I got so much out of this book, and it was heavily convicting while still being encouraging.  I gave it 5 stars.


After that I finished Let the Right One In, by John Ajvide Lindqvist.  I wrote a full review of it, so please check that out.  I gave it 3.5 stars.


The last book I finished this month was Brandon Sanderson's The Final Empire, the first book in the Mistborn Trilogy.  I read this for the #yearofcosmere readalong, and I absolutely adored it.  I will be writing a full review of it soon, but just know that I gave it 4.5 stars.

Now for the books I purchased...

In January, I flew through the first three books in the Mortal Instruments Series, by Cassandra Clare. After taking a hiatus to read other things, I bought the last three books to complete the series.



 Whilst perusing Book Outlet, two other books caught my eye, as well.



One was Dark Invasion, by Howard Blum, a non-fiction book about a German terrorist cell that hid in New York during World War I and the police officers who found it.  The other was a collection of three novellas by Yoko Ogawa called The Diving Pool.  I have never read any of Ogawa's work, but she is highly acclaimed, and I am really excited to add more Japanese literature to my collection.

Those are all the books I read and bought in February.  What was your favorite read or purchase this month?  Tell me in the comments below.

Also, find me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment