Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Classic Words of Wisdom Mini-Challenge

It's time to take a break and participate in a challenge! This one is being hosted by Allie at A Literary Odyssey.

She asked that we choose a favorite wise quote from a classic text and explain its meaning to us.




I choose this A.W. Tozer quote from his book The Roots of Righteousness.

A few years ago, I was routinely praying that God do anything He had to in order to grow me and make me more useful to Him. It seemed so righteous to me at the time, but, in reality, I was being foolish. I didn't truly understand what I was asking for.

Good answered my prayer, though, and I went through a season of intense heartbreak and spiritual stretching. In the most difficult times, I would remind myself that all things work for good for those who love God.

After I came out of that season, the Lord allowed me to see all the good that came out of deep pain. I was able to minister to others in new ways. My trust grew. I had matured. My marriage was strengthened. And this quote by Tozer beautifully summarizes that lesson for me.

That is one of my favorite classic quotes. What is one of yours? Share it in the comments below. 

You can also find my Dewey's opening meme post here

Find me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment