Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's Read-a-Thon End of Event Meme

And so ends this 24-hour read-a-thon!  How did you all do?

It started at 10 PM my time, and I was able to read until 3 am before I had to sleep.  Today, however, I wasn't able to read too much because of church and an unplanned nap.  C'est la vie.

I was able to complete a few mini-challenges, though, and just as I did the opening meme last night, here are the end of event meme questions.

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

    Since the read-a-thon started so late at night for me, the beginning was actually more difficult because I was already tired from the day.  I finally called it a night at Hour 6.

  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

    Any of the three books from Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy would be excellent, although they aren't short.

  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

    This event is really well-organized with simple and clear directions.  My only issue with it is how the start time translates to my time-zone.  I would prefer if it started whenever my time zone hits Saturday.

  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

    The mini-challenges were excellent.  I really liked them even though I was unable to participate in them all.

  5. How many books did you read?

    I didn't finish any books.  However, I did complete three short stories, as well as reading 176 pages of The Hero of Ages.

  6. What were the names of the books you read?

    The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
    "Death Ship" by Richard Matheson (from The Time Traveler's Almanac)
    "Ripples in the Dirac Sea" by Geoffrey A. Landis (from The Time Traveler's Almanac)
    "Needle in a Timestack" by Robert Silverberg (from The Time Traveler's Almanac)

  7. Which book did you enjoy most?

    I am really enjoying The Hero of Ages, but my favorite short story was "Needle in a Timestack."

  8. Which did you enjoy least?

    I enjoyed all of them.

  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

    I wasn't a cheerleader, but Team Frodo were awesome!

  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

    I don't know if I will participate next time solely because of the difficult time zone.  I've struggled every time, and I don't enjoy not being able to join in as fully as I'd like to.  If I do, however, I'll definitely read, and perhaps host a mini-challenge.


Even though I wasn't able to read as much as I'd like, I was happy for the motivation to get out of my reading slump. How did Dewey's go for you? Link me to your own post in the comments below.

Chat me up on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment