Friday, April 10, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Books I Wanted to Start Yesterday

This week's Top 5 Wednesday topic is books I wanted to start yesterday.  If you want to participate in weekly topics like this, check out the Goodreads group.

There are many, MANY books on my to-read list, and for the most part, I'm fine with their status.  I am a mood-reader, so I pick up whatever I feel like reading whenever I feel like reading it.  However, there are a few that I wish I had read already for various reasons.



Number Five


Cinder

The concept of this series really intrigues me. I like fairy tale retellings, and the whole cyborg/Asian twist of Cinder is definitely my taste. However, it has been so hyped up lately that I am now scared to start it. In my experience, hyped young adult books just end up disappointing me. Without everyone praising it, I would have gone into it just expecting an entertaining, "junk food" book. But now I expect more, and I doubt it will deliver. 

Number Four 



Batman Comics

I just started reading The New 52 Batman comics, and they are amazing and easy to follow without having read any previous Batman comics.  (I have a review of the first volume you can check out.)  However, I still wish I had read many of the old comics because there is so much backstory that it would just be useful to have.  It's not necessary to understand Scott Snyder's stories, but having read the old ones would open up extra knowledge and enable me to appreciate the little things.  As of right now, I'm having to do tons of back-reading and research in order to catch up.

Number Three


A Song of Ice and Fire Series

I read the first book in this series, A Game of Thrones, and it blew me away.  I loved it and immediately picked up the next one.  And then I experienced severe book burnout.  I'm not good at reading one series back-to-back, especially when each book is about 1,000 pages long.  So, looking at the rest of the books in this series, as well as knowing that there are more coming, makes me wish I had read this series yesterday.

Number Two


The Cuckoo's Calling 

I really wish I had read this before it was leaked that JK Rowling wrote it. I really like that feeling of discovering a new author that just blows your mind. Plus, I would love to read her without bias. I love her and go into her books expecting them to be amazing, so it would be interesting to see if I am still as impressed when I don't know it's her. 

Number One


The King James Bible

I was raised on the New King James Bible. I've read it several times, and it's the version my church teaches out of, as well. But I wish I had a background in the King James. Some things are better translated in it, and many older texts quote it. But now that I'm used to reading the easier version, I have little motivation to wrestle through the King James. 


Those are my top five books I wanted to start yesterday. What books do you wish you had read already? Tell me in the comments below. 


Also, follow me on Twitter, Goodreads, Instagram, and Bloglovin.

Happy reading!


2 comments:

  1. The Lunar Chronicles is amazing! It's one of my favorite series, you'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to start The lunar Chronicles ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete